Do you want to know how long to bake thin chicken breast to achieve crispy and tender texture? If yes, then you are at the right place! Here we will provide you with a comprehensive guide to bake the perfect chicken breast that you desire.
The baked chicken breast usually turns out to be all rubbery or dry. Sometimes it is so dry that you cannot even chew it properly. It is probably because of the minor details you missed while preparing it. Or somehow you have overcooked or undercooked it.
Whatever the problem may be, you will be able to tackle it with the help of this article. We will provide you with proper baking instructions. Moreover, we will give additional baking advice so that you won’t mess up again.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
- How To Make Thin Chicken Breast?
- How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 325?
- How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 350?
- How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 400?
- How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 425?
- How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 450?
How To Make Thin Chicken Breast?
It is easy to bake chicken breast. All it requires are the ingredients that you already have in your kitchen cabinets. Also, after baking, you can use these chicken breasts in any recipe you like. You can even store the marinated pieces to bake later.
This is a quick and easy-to-follow baked chicken breast recipe. It comes with a secret seasoning that significantly enhances the flavor of the chicken. Intriguing right? Keep on reading to achieve a genuinely blissful tasting baked chicken breast.
Recipe Name : Tender And Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
There are some things to consider before jumping right into the recipe. It is better to get white meat for this recipe as brown meat takes a longer time to cook. In case you are cooking brown meat. Then just increase the temperature and time accordingly.
Also, do not overpower the chicken with extra spices. It will ruin its taste. Now let’s start the preparation of our seasoning and baking!
Required Ingredients For Baking :
- 2 large chicken breasts, around 8 ounces individually.
- Salt and Black pepper according to your taste.
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Foil or parchment paper.
- Baking tray.
Preparation Of Chicken Breast Seasoning
For the preparation of seasoning, you will need:
- Oregano to taste.
- ½ teaspoon chili powder.
- ½ teaspoon ginger and garlic powder.
- Black pepper and salt to taste.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
What’s great about this seasoning? Well, once you add honey to it, the magic begins. It will give the chicken breast a golden-brown crust with less cooking time. It will also help tame the overpowering spices. What’s more? Your chicken will be juicy and creamy yet not soggy!
- Preheat the oven at 325 F to reduce the baking time a bit.
- Use a rolling pin to pound the chicken breasts to a thin piece to make them tender.
- Now apply the seasoning you prepared over both sides of the chicken.
- Take a medium-sized baking tray and cover it with foil.
- Apply some olive oil over the layered foil and the chicken breasts.
- Let it rest at room temperature for about 40minutes.
- Bake the chicken breasts for around 30 minutes first.
- Check if the chicken is cooked with a thermometer. If its internal temperature is at 160 F, then let it bake for 5 more minutes.
- After it is cooked perfectly, take it out of the oven. Cover it with something for 5-10minutes to retain the moisture.
- Put some sauce or tomato puree on the side.
- That’s it! Your crispy and tender chicken breasts are ready to be served.
- It is better to de-bone the chicken breasts or just buy boneless ones. Also, you should get the skinless chicken to save yourself some time.
- If you are using frozen meat, it is best to bring it to room temperature before baking.
- If you want to keep the chicken breasts juicy and moist. Then bake it at a lower temperature for a longer time.
- You must line the baking tray with parchment paper to avoid mess.
- Sprinkling salt over the chicken is important. It enhances the overall flavor of the chicken. Just do not put in too much salt. It will make it sour.
- Do not cover the chicken breast in the oven. Or else it will not bake properly.
- Do not rotate the chicken while baking.
- If your chicken still comes out too dry, then serve it with some sauce on top. It will sink in the chicken and make it moist. Eventually, it saves your dish and gives it a delicious taste.
- To add some additional flavor, you can choose; basil, thyme, cumin, chili flakes, white pepper, rosemary, or any other herbs of the same category.
You might have noticed a lot of healthy diet plans that include baked chicken for dinner. Well, it is because baked chicken does not have saturated fat and has low calories. Also, it is not cooked in an overflowing amount of oil. So, it tends to be less greasy and healthy for your heart.
Moreover, it is a prominent source of lean protein as well. However, it lacks fiber. So it would be best if you have some vegetables with it. In this way, you can have a proper meal with just baked chicken. You can also add some light sauce to make it taste even better.
For a better understanding, here is a table of the nutritional contents of a 6-ounce per serving of baked chicken breast :
|Total Calories||171 Cal|
How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 325?
In case you are going to bake around 6-ounceof chicken breast. Then, 325F is like the optimum temperature to attain a moist and tender texture. It will take about 30-35minutes to bake chicken breast at 325 F.
However, if you do not like your chicken breast to be all juicy. Then, you can refer to other temperatures to attain the texture and flavor you desire. Although it totally depends upon your preference.
How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 350?
If you want the chicken breast to be less juicy but not too dry. Then you can bake it at 350 F to achieve the desired results. A standard-sized6-ounce of chicken breast will take about 25-30 minutes to bake at 350 F.
However, if you want to dry out the chicken breast’s juiciness completely you can refer to other temperatures to attain the texture and flavor you desire. Just keep in mind not to overheat it for an extended period.
How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 400?
You will have to be highly cautious cooking at this temperature as the chicken breast will be at risk of getting overcooked. Then you can bake it at 350 F to achieve the desired results. Typically, a medium chicken breast takes about 20-35 minutes to bake at 400 F.
However, anything above this temperature is hazardous if you are just a beginner. It is better to start baking at lower temperatures for a longer time. When you get the hang of it, you can transition to higher temperatures to reduce the baking time.
How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 425?
A standard-sized chicken breast will take about 15-18 minutes to bake at 435 F. If you have marinated the chicken breast for about 8 to 12 hours. Then baking it at 435 F is going to give you a perfectly cooked chicken breast.
Then again, it is a risky temperature to bake thin pieces of chicken breast. So just be sure to bake at this temperature only if you have done it before. Also, if you applied the seasoning that we mentioned above. Then you can check if the chicken is baked or not by its crust.
How Long To Bake Thin Chicken Breast at 450?
A standard-sized chicken breast will take about 10-15 minutes to bake at 450 F. Although you should not bake thin chicken breast at a high temperature. However, if some guests showed up all of a sudden and you are in a rush. Then, you can roll with it.
Just be careful while cooking at such a high temperature as there are more chances of the chicken getting overcooked. Keep checking the chicken breast in between to see if it is done. Or else it might get too dry and give you a hard time chewing.
To sum it up, you can avoid a cooking disaster by getting the hang of the proper technique. Also, baking the chicken breast highly depends on the baking temperature and timing. So, pay heed to the instructions given in this article.
Moreover, if you are new to the world of cooking and baking, then it’s better to avoid rushing into things. Plus, the chicken breast tastes better when cooked at a moderate temperature. In this way, you can prevent it from getting overcooked.
After reading this article, we hope that you know how long to bake thin chicken breast to get the perfect texture. Follow our recipe and say goodbye to rubbery and gooey chicken breast. So, what’s the delay? Put on your chef hat, and start cooking!